A few Facts and Suggestions
How Long Will My Eyelash Extensions Last?
Your eyelash extensions can last indefinitely with proper care and maintenance. Eyelashes grow in and fall out in a cycles, approximately every 6 to 8 weeks. When a natural lash matures and falls out, a new lash has already been growing and quickly replaces it. This process is constant and at any given moment our many natural lashes are at different stages of maturity. Some are just growing in, while others are ready to shed. People typically shed 1 to 5 natural lashes a day, depending on their individual growth cycle. With shorter natural lashes, this growing and shedding cycle is virtually unnoticeable.
How Often Should I Schedule Re-lash Appointments?
There are many variables to consider regarding routine lash fills. Many quests return every 2 to 3 weeks. The most important thing to remember is that typically you don't want to lose more than 50% of your lashes. Your lash appointments are timed services, the more you lose, the more time is needed to replace and maintenance them. So waiting to long in between fill could leave you with less lashes then you desire or even require a full set appointment. There's a suggested re-lashing time guide under every service option that you can choose to follow. You may find this helpful as well, until you get familiar with your specific lash needs.
Remember that we are here to guide you through this experience, and excited to do so, weather this is your first time or you are already familiar with lashes. So please ask us as many questions as you need to. I'm sure there will be new and exciting things to come with lashes, and we are so happy to share our professional knowledge with you!
It is important to take care of your new Eyelash Extensions. With proper care your natural lashes will remain healthy and strong. Some important things to remember on how to care for your lashes:
- Do not immerse lashes in heavy water for 12 to 24 hours after any application (light mist is fine). This will actually remove any chemicals from the glue and lessen any chance of reaction.
- Avoid running water directly on your lashes when in the shower - do not stand with your eye/lashes directly under the shower head. After showering brush/comb gently through your lashes starting at the middle and going upwards. Do not comb from the root of the lashes - this may cause your natural lashes and extensions to be pulled out prematurely.
- Avoid hot steam or sauna immediately afterwards. Allow enough time for glue to bond to the lashes.
- Do not rub your eyes/lashes.
- Sleep on your back! Not only good for your lashes but keeps wrinkles away.
- If applying lash extension safe mascara only, do so from middle to tip, avoid root area.
- Do not be afraid to touch your lashes. Your lashes need to be cleaned, especially if wearing makeup.
- Use water based makeup remover only! A gentle liquid or foam cleaner with your finger tips or lint free cotton pad.
- Do not use mechanical eyelash curler. This can cause breakage and pull out your extensions along with the natural lash.
- Do not pull on your lashes. This may cause your natural lashes to come out prematurely.
- Enjoy your lashes, no one will know unless you want them to :)